Proof of Concept Test
Targa Resources – Houston, TX USA, 2016
Black Powder wear contamination in reclaimed oil was gravity fed to the high pressure flash tanks, the de-mister sections of compressors and finally the coalescer.
(1) Traditional filtration prior to the compressor sump is unable to efficiently filter Black Powder. This wear contamination damages seals, pump components and compressor components which requires costly, frequent maintenance.
(2) Traditional filtration bypasses the bulk of Black Powder solids when it reaches saturation.
- Install the BPS Magnetic Separator System in a drain line in the discharge.
- Route the hose to a vent in the destination tank.
- Record results after 3 minutes, 10 minutes and 1 hour.
Install the BPS Magnetic Separator on this system to clean the reclaimed oil before it returns to the compressor. As a further preventative measure, it is recommended to also install a Black Powder Solutions Magnetic Separator on the feedstock line into the facility, thereby protecting all systems in the process.